Your feet are used for walking, running, exercising, or just standing, therefore knowing how to care for your feet is vital to your total well being! Its a true fact!! When your feet don't get the attention they deserve, chronic problems can develop as a result. These problem(s) may cause trouble for years to come.
Your feet take on the weight of your whole body. Foot problems can quickly lead to discomfort and also affect the way you walk. This can turn into a knee, hip or back pain in the long run.
This post will help you understand the importance of caring for your feet and also recommend ways to pamper your feet through a process called pedicure.
Medically known as "Bromodosis", smelly feet can be embarrassing and unpleasant. Feet can smell from getting sweaty and wearing fully covered shoes daily. It is understand-able that for blue collar workers (people that work in a formal environment), this is unavoidable.
However, there are simple ways to prevent this:
- Bathe your feet daily in lukewarm water, using mild soap, dry feet thoroughly using clean cotton towels.
- Change your socks daily, don't store them in your shoes and avoid using nylon socks too
- Dry out your shoes between use, avoid storing your shoes in a closed closet.
- Check regularly for fungal infections between toes and on the bottom of your feet.
- Treat fungal infections immediately using athlete's foot creams, which are available in drug stores.
- Go for a pedicure regularly (Its not luxury, its necessary).
The great thing is that looking after your feet can help prevent infections and pain. All you need is to invest a bit of time into loving your feet.
- For the ladies, take out time to request for a mini pedicure at the same time that you are making your hair. For the guys, pedicure can be done at the same time during your hair cut. This doesn't make you gay in anyway!
- If you have to wear heels in the office, take comfortable shoes to and from the office.
- Shop for shoes at noon time. The thing is feet swells as the day goes by, so you can be assured you will pick your best fit.
- Trim toenails to avoid in-grown nails which can cause infections.
- For the ladies, avoid "fixing" artificial nails all the time. This can weaken your nail buds and cause infection too. Let your nails breathe.
Health Benefits Of Pedicure...
The process involved in pedicure gives your feet back its life. Like I stated earlier, the feet takes a lot of beating from activities and body weight. It is important to understand that getting a pedicure is no more luxury but actually a health necessity. Wether you decide to do a home-pedi or go to a salon/spa, there are health benefits in properly maintaining your feet.
- Cutting, clipping and cleaning your nails prevent inward growing nails, which may cause infection. This in turn could eliminate foot odour, nail diseases and disorders.
- The removal of dead skin cells through exfoliation prevents the cells from accumulating and causing corns or bunions. Exfoliating also encourages the growth of new skin cells to reveal beautiful and appealing feet.
- The best part of pedicure is the massage. the lotion/oils used during the massage step moisturises the newly exfoliated skin. Massage promotes circulation, reduces foot pain, and helps maintain the health and performance of the muscles.
Ultimately, stress is reduced when receiving a pedicure. Everyone definitely deserves to take care of their feet!